John Nalli, CEO
John Nalli’s journey within the staffing industry is truly a Canadian success story. After graduating College with a Business Diploma in 1995, John entered the staffing industry by accepting a position at Adecco. For 6 years at this company, John gained invaluable knowledge while moving up through departments; he started with Temporary and Permanent Staffing, then moved onto Business Development, which lead him into Branch Management and finally Area Management.
With all the mergers and acquisitions occurring in the industry at that time, John accepted an opportunity to elevate his career at Spherion as the GTA Regional Vice President where he was responsible for aiding in the growth of the then midsize company to a larger industry player. During his 3 years with Spherion, John succeeded in his goal of helping to gain market share and did so by opening and expanding many branches for the company.
Armed with extensive staffing knowledge and a series of achievements under his belt, including 9 years of industry experience and a thriving track record of success, John felt it was time for a new challenge.
With encouragement from a close friend and already successful entrepreneur Frank Cianciulli, John decided to set out on his own and build a new type of staffing firm. In 2003 John designed his business plan and launched PEOPLEsource from his kitchen table. With only an idea, a dream, and a ton of ambition, John set in motion one of the most successful staffing firms to ever hit the Canadian market.
Some of the most notable highlights during John’s 6 years as President of PEOPLEsource include:
- Voted the Best Staffing Firm by Readers Choice in 2005, 2006 and 2007 (ranked against over a hundred competitors)
- Honored as one of Canada’s Emerging Growth Companies by PROFIT Magazine in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- Recognized as the 9th Best Company to Work for in Canada, as identified by the Best Awards in 2009
Although PEOPLEsource achieved great success as a general staffing firm, John realized that a more specialized approach to the staffing industry was required. In 2009, John decided to develop specialty staffing departments catering to the unique and diverse landscape of his clients and candidates. After test marketing this concept with tremendous success, John spun off People Store, a staffing firm which for the first time bridges a complete platform across 9 distinct service lines. John then divested his interests in PEOPLEsource and has rebranded under the name People Store Staffing Solution Inc. This migration allowed John to realize his ultimate goal of being able to bring a complete “One Stop” staffing experience to both his clients and candidates.
Since 2009 John has been an unstoppable force and has lead People Store to industry heights that have not been matched.
Some of the most notable highlights at People Store include:
- Voted the Best Staffing Firm by Readers Choice in 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 (ranked against over a hundred competitors)
- Honored as one of Canada’s Top 500 Growth Companies by PROFIT Magazine in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Recognized as Entrepreneur of the Year, by the ICCO in 2011
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers, as identified by the Globe & Mail in 2015
- Awarded the Next Generation Award, by the ICCO in 2015
- Listed as one of Canada’s Top 100 Best Employers, as identified by the Globe & Mail in 2017
- John appointed as President – Ontario Region of ACSESS (Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services) in 2017
People Store is among the largest privately owned staffing firms in Canada.
Equipped with the proven ability to create tremendous success within staffing combined with visionary ideas of the direction of the industry, John see’s People Store truly representing Canada’s future of staffing.
Listen to John’s radio interview on Journey to Success Radio.
Contact John to discover how Peoplestore can provide you with the talent to grow your business.